Sunday, July 1, 2018

Lake District 4

On our final day, we hiked to a nearby lake at the foot of some hills. We had a picnic and went swimming.





This local couple had driven up to admire the view.


What I thought was a children's hideout turned out to be the untampered-with roots of a fallen tree.




Apparently this fungus takes an awfully long time to grow.



When I saw this a song came to mind, "When the river runs dry" by hometown heroes Hunters and Collectors, and recalled a Director from my work blasting it through her headphones in the lift on the way to the office.  


3 comments:

  1. Wasn't that 'chained to the wheel'? or have you had multiple similar experiences with Directors in lifts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe... I knew it was mediocre Oz Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must add, I'm amazed that anyone is paying attention to this. Thank you for your contribution

    ReplyDelete